[R] Migrating R packages from svn/R-Forge to git/Github

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 19:35:16 CET 2013

Hi Michael,

Just to add to what Yihui suggested, I have used Cygwin on all my
Windows machines to create a Linux environment for years.  It is
stable and allows for many features.  You can easily get git, svn, and
ruby --- I'm not sure about rubygems.  Anyway, with a bit of work, I
suspect you could use Cygwin to get an environment on Windows that
would allow you to run svn2git to handle the conversions.  If you're
willing to have a bit of a mess or drop some history, git svn will
work nicely too.

http://www.cygwin.com/

Cheers,

Josh