[R] Multidimensional correlation matrix question

Tanushree Tunstall tanu at gurukuli.co.uk
Sun Feb 17 08:50:17 CET 2013

Hello,

I previously sent this message which was stripped off due to HTML mail. Sorry!

Thanks.

Hello All,
I am new to the list. I have been learning to use R recently and its been
great to see so much help available.

However I must admit, I have stumbled upon a problem with correlation
matrices and was hoping if someone could  help.

I have an excel workbook with a sheet per drug.
Each sheet has 40 patients' drug response measured over different time
points (several days).

I have already been able to create a cor() matrix of all the drugs for all
the patients on each day. However I have been asked to prepare a matrix of
all days of all people for all drugs. So since there are 26 drugs, I am
expected to form a  26x26 matrix for all this data.

I am not even sure if this is possible. Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

PS: If I make individual matrix and combine them using cbind(), it is not a
26x26 sqaure matrix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks