[R] Random number generator used in 'runif'

Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini hzambran.newsgroups at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 10:32:59 CET 2013

Dear list,

For the implementation of a particular optimization algorithm it is
very important the random number generator.

I would like to know if somebody could tell me what is the random
number generator used by default in the 'runif' function.

>From the help page of 'runif' and '.Random.seed' I guess that the
default algorithm is 'Mersenne-Twister', but I would be really
grateful if somebody with experience in random number generators could
confirm that or tell me what is the method actually used.

Thanks in advance,

Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini

--
Water Resources Unit