[R] Seeing Global Workspace and dealing with attach and detach

David Arnold dwarnold45 at suddenlink.net
Wed Feb 20 00:30:39 CET 2013

Hi,

When writing a script, I often start with:

library(ISwR)
attach(thuesen)

Then write some more code, testing it as I write to see if it runs.

Then, at the end, a final:

detach(thuesen)

However, what happens is that I often get errors, which cause an attach, but
no subsequent detach. Now, I can fix the problem at the console window with
several:

detach(thuesen)
detach(thuesen)
detach(thuesen)
detach(thuesen)
detach(thuesen)

Until they are finally all closed.  Two questions:

1. What is a more efficient method?

2. What is the command again for viewing the global workspace?

D.