[R] Iterative loop using "repeat"

mary mary.dama at libero.it
Fri Jan 4 12:13:42 CET 2013

Hi,
I'm Marianna
I'm trying to apply the command "repeat" to my matrix but the repeat process
doesn't work as I would.

In particular I would like to apply the function robustm () _that I have
created_ to my two matrices,  if the difference between the two matrices is
less than 0.001, R give me back the last matrix.
The code thus created allows me to repeat the process only on the first two
matrices:

function(x) {
for(i in 1:10)
repeat {
b<-robustm(S_X)
b2<-robustm(b)
if(abs(b2[i,i]-b[i,i])<=0.001)
break
}
print(b2)}

in particular S_X is my matrix number1 (already defined, dim 10*10), b2 is
my matrix n.2, if the difference isn't less than my value, I would like
reiterate the process using b2 instead S_X and so on...

(actually serves to me that if the difference is not less than 0.001 the
process starts again taking the last array that has identified as output (in
this case b2) and the remarket in the process creating b3, b4, etc. up to
find the minimum difference between the two matrices and returns me the
last.)

Sorry if I am not so clear, thanks
Mary