[R] Integrating Java, C++ and R

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Jan 9 17:50:43 CET 2013

On Jan 4, 2013, at 11:41 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> On 4 January 2013 at 16:57, Suzen, Mehmet wrote:
> | On 4 January 2013 11:36, Royden Fernandes <roydenstar at gmail.com> wrote:
> | > Hi,
> | >
> | > I am able to integrate C++ and R through RInside library. However when I
> |
> | Questions regarding RInside should go to the rcpp-devel mailing list.
>
> Very good.
>
> But to the OP's defence -- he posted there. But as he himself stated (in what
> you still quote here): The RInside integration of R and C++ works for him,
> but Java created trouble.  So I recommended r-devel (not r-help) to seek help
> from someone with better Java understanding.

Agreed. It will require combined knowledge of Rcpp and Java, though. What is testR()? Note that R requires a set of environment variables to be setup correctly in order to run - so did you start your program using R CMD java ...? Also you will likely need to make sure that you disable stack limit checks since java may change the stack depending on the thread. Another alternative would be to use JRI as a starting point since it solves all the R/Java issues and then call C++ code from there.

Cheers,
Simon