[R] During startup - Warning messages:

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 7 18:51:58 CET 2013

On 07/01/2013 14:50, Yongjie wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> After installing R, I saw this warning message in red when I open the R...
>
> During startup - Warning messages:
> 1: Setting LC_CTYPE failed, using "C"
> 2: Setting LC_COLLATE failed, using "C"
> 3: Setting LC_TIME failed, using "C"
> 4: Setting LC_MESSAGES failed, using "C"
> 5: Setting LC_PAPER failed, using "C"
>
> how shall I solve this ?
>
> Thank you very much in advance.

The screenshot is of R.app.  So do follow the posting guide (see the
footer):

'Platform-specific questions: There are lists R-sig-Mac, R-sig-Debian
and R-sig-Fedora for R on Mac OS X, Debian/Ubuntu and Fedora/Redhat
respectively. Questions specific to those platforms (especially re
installation and the R.app GUI on Mac OS X) are more likely to get
informed responses on the appropriate list.'

The answer is to set up your Mac correctly, and how to do so is not an R
question, and the answers will be unintelligible to non-Mac users (and
probably many Mac users too).  So ask in the right place.