[R] During startup - Warning messages:

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Jan 7 19:23:06 CET 2013

On Jan 7, 2013, at 6:50 AM, Yongjie wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> After installing R, I saw this warning message in red when I open
> the R...
>
> During startup - Warning messages:
> 1: Setting LC_CTYPE failed, using "C"
> 2: Setting LC_COLLATE failed, using "C"
> 3: Setting LC_TIME failed, using "C"
> 4: Setting LC_MESSAGES failed, using "C"
> 5: Setting LC_PAPER failed, using "C"
>
> how shall I solve this ?
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
>
> Yj
> <Warning messages.png>______________________________________________

Rather than pasting screenshots you should copy the console output to
you message body.

Have you read and followed the suggestions in the warning message to
read the MacOS RFAQ? Its accessible in a GUI session from the "Help"
menu.

You should at the very least say what your prefered language and
timezone settings might be.

Read the Posting Guide, too.

David Winsemius, MD
Alameda, CA, USA