[R] Amelia algorithm

Martin Lhopm at gmx.net
Mon Jan 7 22:29:00 CET 2013

Dear all.

First of all, my english isn't verry good, but I hope I can convey my concern.
I've a general question about the Amelia algorithm. I'm no mathematician or
statistician, but I had to use R and impute and analyse some data, and Amelia
showed results that fitted my expectations. I'll have to defend my choice soon,
but I haven't totally grasped what Amelia does. I'm particularly interested in a
simple as possible explanation in how Amelia imputation works. I've read that it
uses a bootstrapping-based algorithm, but how does it chose the values?
The data had mainly value >0 (chemical concentrations, water temperature and
pH-value).

Regards Martin