[R] a very urgunt and important question about R

PIKAL Petr petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Jul 26 12:23:59 CEST 2013

Hi

I recommend to start with

library(fortunes)
fortune("surgery")

Anyway, beside Introduction to R you could go through

CRAN Task View: Design of Experiments (DoE) & Analysis of Experimental Data

and specifically through

Experimental designs for clinical trials
This task view only covers specific design of experiments packages; there may be some grey areas. Please, also consult the ClinicalTrials task view.

*experiment contains tools for clinical experiments, e.g., a randomization tool, and it provides a few special analysis options for clinical trials.
*Package gsDesign implements group sequential designs,
*Package gsbDesign evaluates operating characteristics for group sequential Bayesian designs,
*package asd implements adaptive sequential designs.
*Package TEQR provides toxicity equivalence range designs (Blanchard and Longmate 2010) for phase I clinical trials.
*The DoseFinding package provides functions for the design and analysis of dose-finding experiments (for example pharmaceutical Phase II clinical trials); it combines the facilities of the "MCPMod" package (maintenance discontinued; described in Bornkamp, Pinheiro and Bretz 2009) with a special type of optimal designs for dose finding situations (MED-optimal designs, or D-optimal designs, or a mixture of both; cf., Dette et al. 2008)

Which shall provide you with some insight.

Regards
Petr