[R] Big, complex, well-structured .R file for demonstration?

Thorsten Jolitz tjolitz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 22:47:03 CEST 2013

Sarah Goslee <sarah.goslee at gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi List,
>>
>> I'm looking for a rather big, but well structured R file that contains
>> as much of R language features as possible (i.e. that uses a lot of the
>> functionality described in the 'R Reference Card' and, if possible, S4
>> classes too).
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/
>
> I might start with MASS, though I have no idea what "well structured"
> means to you.
>
>> I want to check some code I wrote against such a file and use it for
>> demonstration purposes. However, most .R files I find out there are
>> rather short without much structure.
>
> Your request doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but there are so
> many thousands of R files on CRAN that there's bound to be something
> that makes you happy.

you are probably right, it might not make any sense, I guess I was
looking for something like a "full application" written in R, not just a
specialized library, but thank you for the link anyway, I decided to
clone the github repo of R, and the sources together with the CRAN
packages should give me what I want.

--
cheers,
Thorsten