[R] multivariate version of aggregate

Jannis bt_jannis at yahoo.de
Fri Jun 28 10:31:10 CEST 2013

Yes, I had a look at that function. From the documentation, however, it
did not get clear to me how to split the dataframe into subsets of rows
based on an index argument. Like:

testframe <- data.frame(a=rnorm(100), b = rnorm(100))
indices      <- rep(c(1,2), each = 50)

results <- ddply(.data = testframe, INDICES= indices, .fun = function(x)
corr(x[,1], x[,2]))

Where the last command would yield the correlations between column 1 and
2 of the first 50 and of the last 50 values.

Any ideas?

Jannis