[R] multivariate version of aggregate

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Fri Jun 28 11:00:51 CEST 2013

Hello,

You can solve your problem using only base R, with no need for an
external package. The two instrucitons below are two ways of doing the same.

sapply(split(testframe, indices), function(x) cor(x[, 1], x[, 2]))

as.vector(by(testframe, indices, function(x) cor(x[, 1], x[, 2])))

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas