[R] how_to_create_a_package?

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Tue Mar 5 12:15:35 CET 2013

On 03/05/2013 02:42 PM, Jyoti Sharma wrote:
> hello sir
>
> myself Jyoti Sharma,  and i am working as preoject fellow in IGIB Delhi.
> I need your help to know how to create a package as well as how to
> post that package to the CRAN mirror, for public use. i have used
> package.skeleton() command but its not working properly.
> So, please suggest me the right way asap.
> i'll be very thankful to you.

Hi Jyoti,
Creating packages is not a trivial task. The only ASAP solution that I
could suggest is to read the first and third sections in "Creating
packages" ("Package structure" and "Checking and building packages") in
the "Writing R Extensions" document that comes with R. To see this, invoke:

help.start()

in an R session and it should be the second link down on the left of the
page that appears.

Jim