[R] boxplot with grouped variables

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Sat May 11 19:00:38 CEST 2013

It will not work because the presence of the first row means that all
the variables are read in as factors, not numeric. You must convert
numeric variables to numeric **after** eliminating the first row, or
read the data in using read.table(..., head=TRUE). See ?read.table for
details.

**After** the above changes, perhaps

with(Daten, boxplot(Gewicht ~ interaction(Dosis,Geshlecht, drop=TRUE)) )

will work if you read in column names properly. Otherwise, V2
~interaction(V1,V3, drop=TRUE) if you do the conversions to numeric.

Please read *An Introduction to R" or other online R tutorial before
posting further here. You need to understand basic R data handling
before you proceed. At present, you do not.

-- Bert