[R] help with 'cem' for r 2.14.2

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Mon May 20 22:51:47 CEST 2013

On 13-05-20 2:18 PM, Kimberley Armstrong wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to use R for propensity score matching in SPSS.  I have version 21 of SPSS and I downloaded R 2.14.2 as directed as well as the R Essentials plug-in.

I think you need to talk to SPSS support for this.  We have no
connection with SPSS here.

As well, the current release of R is 3.0.1.  R 2.14.2 is about 15 months
old; that's ancient history as far as we're concerned (though it may be
cutting edge for SPSS).

Duncan Murdoch

I have run a test for R and it appears to be running correctly.  I then
downloaded psmatching3 and have tried to use the PS matching dialog in
SPSS.  However, I continue to run into problems as SPSS reports that
there is no 'cem' file.  I have tried to download cem separately from
your website (both the new and the older version) and to install it
either in R or as an extension in SPSS but I receive the following errors: