[R] R vs octave development strategy (and success)

Federico Calboli f.calboli at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Oct 29 17:21:41 CET 2013

Hi All,

if memory serves me well I recall some paper comparing the relative success in getting mainstream acceptance (as mainstream as statistics can be) of both R and Octave.  I remember vaguely that the fact the development strategies (core team vs one main developer) played a major role in the relative success of the two programs.  I tried to find this paper, but my goggle skills are failing me.  Would anyone know where to find it?

Best