[R] R vs octave development strategy (and success)

David Carlson dcarlson at tamu.edu
Tue Oct 29 18:32:02 CET 2013

This covers the topic you mention, but from the perspective of
the role of the R Core team. The point about Octave is a single
sentence/footnote:

Fox, John. 2009. Aspects of the Social Organization and
Trajectory of the R Project. The R Journal 1/2: 5-13.

http://rjournal.github.io/archive/2009-2/RJournal_2009-2_Fox.pdf

David L Carlson
Department of Anthropology
Texas A&M University