[R] R vs octave development strategy (and success)

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 19:56:25 CET 2013

This is from the other perspective

http://www.r-project.org/conferences/DSC-2001/Proceedings/Eaton.pdf

I can’t spot any direct comparison (and there is no mention of R in the references), but I recall the ideas contrasting the two projects being bandied about at the time. That discussion is likely what is echoed in the Fox paper. John Eaton was running out of steam at the time and the paper is not making a secret of it.

-pd