[R] mapping data to a geographic map of Europe

paladini at trustindata.de paladini at trustindata.de
Tue Oct 29 18:02:52 CET 2013

Hello,
I would like to draw a map of Europe. Each country should be colored
depending on how it scores in an index called GPIndex.
Say a dark red for real bad countries a light red for those which are
not so bad, light blue for the fairly good ones and so on up to the
really good ones in a dark blue.
I never worked with geographic maps before so I tried library maps but
I didn't get far,- especially because all examples I found only seem
to work for the United states. So I'm a bit lost.
I would be nice if somebody could help me.

Thanking you in anticipation!

Best regards

Claudia