[R] getSymbols error for DGS1MO in FRED

RJWR joshwong at stanfordalumni.org
Tue Sep 10 07:12:02 CEST 2013

hi,

I am a novice in R, therefore apologies if my question is too basic, and
thanks for your time.

I used the line below and got the following error:

> getSymbols("DGS1MO", src= "FRED", from="2013-01-01", to=Sys.Date())
Error in read.table(file = file, header = header, sep = sep, quote = quote,
:
  duplicate 'row.names' are not allowed

I don't understand why this is happening and don't know how to rectify it.
There are no issues with a number of other series (e.g. DGS3MO) either. I
have checked the forum but can't find anything specific to this issue. Any
help is appreciated, thanks!