[R] metafor - rstudent(res) - omitted rows

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Tue Apr 22 16:05:52 CEST 2014

I think this may help:

http://www.metafor-project.org/doku.php/tips:handling_missing_data

I am not sure I understand your second question. All studies are shown (for which the standardized residual can be computed), but since there are so many studies, these plots are not really all that helpful. If you only want to plot the standardized residuals, then you could start with:

options(na.action = "na.pass")
sav <- rstandard(res)
plot(sav$slab, sav$z, pch=19, cex=.4, type="o")

and just start tweaking this. You will have to reduce the size of the axis annotations (look into cex.axis), probably make them vertically aligned (las), and stretch that plot very wide if you want to make out individual points. Look into help(par) for more details cex.axis and las, and help(Devices) for setting up a much wider plot.

Best,
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Viechtbauer, Ph.D., Statistician
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology