[R] metafor - rstudent(res) - omitted rows

Michael Dewey info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Apr 24 14:19:07 CEST 2014

At 11:56 22/04/2014, Dipl. Kfm Dominik Wagner MSc; MSc wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>I am quite new to R. Now my following easy question.
>
>I use metafor and performed an outlier test with rstudent(res).
>This is resulting in 1000 rows of 1578 and 578 omitted rows (starting with
>row 598).
>

>    1. How can I display all 1578 rows in R-studio? Because in the
>    standardized residual plot it starts with study 1 (see attachment). In
>    R-studio with row 598.
>    2. How can I just plot the standardized residuals with manipulated
>    x-axis to see every single study?

I cannot help with your Rstudio probelm as I do not use it but as far
as your plotting question is concerned:

1 - do you really want to see all of the residuals? Why not just keep
the ones outside the range -2 to +2 which you might then need to study further
2 - the pictures would probably be clearer if you identify and do not
print out the two studies with r very close to -1 as they are
compressing everything else
3 - hollow circles are often a good idea when you have overprinting.

>Thank you very much for your help.
>
>Cordially
>
>Dominik
>
>--