[R] Metafor -can't calculate heterogeneity with non-positive sampling variances

Michael Dewey info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Aug 28 15:25:52 CEST 2014

At 16:38 27/08/2014, Owen, Branwen wrote:
>Thank you very much for your quick reply Wolfgang. The 0 does make
>sense - I'm working on some behavioural data and in one study none
>reported that particular behaviour. Up til now I have been
>calculating I2 without that study, as it's on the small side I don't
>think it makes much difference. I'm just beginning to wonder if
>there is another way.

Branwen
I have not tried this but if your dataset contains proportions as
your text implies then why not supply xi and ni to rma.uni and then
get it to compute one of the range of options outlined in the
documentation for escalc? The Freeman-Tukey one might be worth considering.

Of course I may have misunderstood your brief description.