[R] New to R

Mark Sharp msharp at txbiomed.org
Mon Dec 15 16:26:32 CET 2014

I would recommend finding some tutorials on line in areas that you enjoy, read http://r-bloggers.com every day, find introductory texts in the statistical areas of interest, and study some texts on R programming. I really enjoyed The Art of R Programming: A Tour of Statistical Software Design by Norman Matloff. For a bit more depth I like Hadley Wickham's Advanced R book (http://adv-r.had.co.nz).

Mark Sharp

R. Mark Sharp, Ph.D.
Director of Primate Records Database
Southwest National Primate Research Center
Texas Biomedical Research Institute
P.O. Box 760549
San Antonio, TX 78245-0549
Telephone: (210)258-9476