[R] RAxML using R

Ista Zahn istazahn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 16:07:43 CET 2014

Let's step back for a moment and look at the larger picture. There are
real advantages to using packages on CRAN, including convenient
installation, updates, etc., so let's see if we can find a package on
cran that does what we want:

install.packages("sos")
library(sos)
findFn("raxml")

This suggests that the ips package does what we want, so let's install
it and test it out:

install.packages("ips")
library(ips)
example(raxml)

If for some reason this does not do what you want, and you really need
to install packages outside the standard R package repositories, the
devtools package will make this easier:

library(devtools)
nstall_url("http://www.christophheibl.de/phyloch_1.5-5.tar.gz")
library(phyloch)