[R] Where did lost variables go, with example

PIKAL Petr petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Thu Jan 2 11:34:34 CET 2014

Hi

you are confusing yourself and maybe other audience.

With ls() you list objects in your environment (usually stored in .RData file) and loaded with starting R.

Let me guess. You probably have 2 data frames All8 and All8Sites. They have some variables inside and you can see structure of any object by str

str(All8)

you can see names of these variables by names

names(All8)

you can use those variables by e.g.

All8Sites$X

You probably managed somehow to save variables from data.frame to independent objects in your environment, which can be confusing.

Maybe it is time to read R-intro which is located in doc folder of your R installation.
Regards
Petr