[R] Area Graphs

Greg Snow 538280 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 17:30:39 CEST 2014

You ask: "Is there a way to produce good quality area graphs in R?"  I
would modify that question a little and ask it back as:

Is there a way to produce good quality area graphs?

Consider the following:

> library(fortunes)
> fortune(197)

If anything, there should be a Law: Thou Shalt Not Even Think Of Producing A
Graph That Looks Like Anything From A Spreadsheet.
   -- Ted Harding (in a discussion about producing graphics)
      R-help (August 2007)

(also possibly fortune(266))

And also the books by Tufte and Cleveland.

What information are you trying to convey/explore using area graphs?
There is probably a better tool or set of tools to use.