[R] Area Graphs

Leask, Graham g.leask at aston.ac.uk
Wed Jul 16 17:41:28 CEST 2014

Greg,

I think you encapsulate my dilemma well. I could produce a graph
using Excel in 5 minutes but they look so boring and lack precision.

A key benefit of R is the ability to produce quality customised graphs.
I have the books by Tufte and Cleveland and perhaps there is a
better way to portray these data.

What I’m looking to do is to illustrate how several blocks of data change
distribution relative to one another over time but in a less boring way.