[R] question about chi values GLM

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 10:45:18 CEST 2014

The column labeled "Deviance" pretty much _is_ the chi-square, specifically the likelihood ratio test statistic, which has an asymptotic chi-square distribution. (Using test="Rao" gives you the alternative Rao efficient score test, which in your case doesn't make much of a difference.)

Notice though, that those displays are sequential and it is not clear that the one in the image you attach is made in the same way (or in a sensible way for that matter).  In particular, you have highly significant interaction terms, in which case the main effects tests are mostly irrelevant. You may need to consult a textbook on Poisson modelling or generalized linear modelling -- the discussion is a bit too long to be fitted into a mailing list.

-pd