[R] ffload "unzip not found"

hannah hannah at dorninform.de
Mon Mar 17 20:25:53 CET 2014

Dear all,

I do have zipped data and want to use the package "ff".
Unfortunately I am not able to load the date:
When I try to use "ffload" I always get:

Error in system(cmd, intern = TRUE) : 'unzip' not found

Conferring to other R-help posts I already downloaded a software for
zipping/unzipping
and I also downloaded Rtools. But I still get the same warning as above.

Does anyone know what I may do wrong? Do I maybe have to tell R where it can
find the zip/unzip-software (and if yes: how do I do it)? Or could it be a
problem of Windows 8.1?
I would be really happy if someone could help me!