[R] Presentation tables in R (knitr)

Tue Nov 25 22:54:44 CET 2014

Pebbles in sand are also an alternative to Excel, but that doesn't mean people want to switch to abaci. Horse, meet water.

If you use LaTeX (or Rmarkdown-to-pdf in RStudio), then you can obtain much better looking tables using latex.tabular(). Unfortunately, LaTeX is just too scary for some people.  First time you try tell them how to tweak the column widths they will drop your toolchain like a hot rock. I recommend the Tom Sawyer approach for long-lasting results... but don't expect your fence to get painted this year.

Also, this is neither a LaTeX nor an RStudio support forum, but R is sort of in the middle and we presume you know about the others. Getting your lessons in multiple forums seems unfriendly, but that is the price of feeding a file through a sequence of knitr, rmarkdown, pandoc, and pdflatex processing, even if RStudio lets you do it with a single push of a button.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing