[R] rgdal: Convert ESRI ArcGis geo database (gdb directory) to geojson, or shapefile map

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 07:21:47 CET 2014

This driver is present in the Windows binary on CRAN (at least it was
in July): https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/attachments/20140710/5dda6bc4/attachment.pl

I'm not sure about on Linux, I thought it was there but I may have
inadvertently switched to an older GDAL on some systems. I can try
this out on a test VM though, I'm keen to have rgal-recipes for
installing on various systems.

Let me know if:
1) you want Windows or Linux
2) you want help building / installing on Linux (Ubuntu)

(Compiling the Windows binary is hard and mysterious, but I'd love to
be able to do that too. I can do all of it except the final .zip
package bundle which I don't understand yet)

Cheers, Mike.