[R] Error in quantile.default(resids) : missing values and NaN's not allowed if 'na.rm' is FALSE

Chad Danyluck c.danyluck at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 22:31:46 CEST 2014

About a year ago I ran some analyses using lmer. The general syntax was:

mlm <- lmer(var1 ~ (1|dyad) + var2 + var3*var4*var5, na.action=na.exclude);
summary(mlm)

The model ran fine and I saved the output. I've recently turned back to
those analyses, however, the model no longer runs. I get the following
error:

Error in quantile.default(resids) :
  missing values and NaN's not allowed if 'na.rm' is FALSE

I've searched the online forums and found that this topic has not been
touched upon since 2006, and at that time someone had indicated that it was
a bug that had been resolved. I am using the most current version of lme4,
so if the bug is fixed I am unsure why I am experiencing this problem.

I have since run the model using lmer's default for handling missing data
(na.omit), but found the results do not match what I had saved previously
when using na.exclude.

If anyone has an insight here I'd be very appreciative.

Kind regards,

Chad

--
Chad M. Danyluck
PhD Candidate, Psychology

“There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.” - William
Shakespeare

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]