[R] Two Factorial Experiment with a Single Control Group

Darcy Trimpe darcy.m.trimpe at wmich.edu
Mon Apr 20 22:50:19 CEST 2015

The statistical analysis I want to conduct is a 2x2 factorial analysis with a single control group. There are 3 animals per group.The low n is accepted in my area of research. My factors are Treatment (No Treatment and Treatment) and Duration (Acute and 3 weeks). The No Treatment level represents an internal control. There is a treatment and no treatment value from each animal. My external control group does not fit into the factor treatment/no treatment but is actually no treatment/no treatment. Thus, the need for the single external control group in the analysis. I have found the manual way of doing this in a textbook and I am told it is widely used so I was hoping to find a way to do it in R. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Darcy