[R] R command to open a file "browser" on Windows and Mac?

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Aug 3 17:59:43 CEST 2015

And for completeness, on linux:

system(paste0("xdg-open ",getwd()))

there's a function in a package somewhere that hides the system
dependencies of opening things with the appropriate application, and
if you pass a folder/directory to it I reckon it will open it in the
Explorer/Finder/Nautilus//xfm//This Month's Linux File Browser// as
appropriate.

But I can't remember the name of the function or the package.

Barry