[R] Make a box-whiskers plot in R with 5 variables, color coded.

Michael Dewey lists at dewey.myzen.co.uk
Wed Dec 16 17:03:13 CET 2015

As a speaker of the dialect of British English current in southern
England I think:

1 - the generic term for all three is brackets. As a child I was taught
the precedence rules for arithmetic operators by the mnemonic BODMAS
(the O stands for 'of')
2 - careful speakers of the dialect who know all three use exactly the
terms used in the canton of Zuerich by Martin as he uses them
3 - I would use square brackets and curly brackets to a non-technical
audience but I could not bring myself to say round brackets

--
Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html