[R] packaging an R-application

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Wed Dec 23 23:14:56 CET 2015

This sounds like more of an operating system task than an R task.

But within R, you can come close, I would think, by copying all of the
packages' directories to the same directory as the script. Then write
another script that will install all of the packages. In the future, run
that script before running your script. When you deliver the script,
deliver the whole directory that contains it, since that will then include
the package sources. If you're lucky, all of the packages are source
packages.

Of course, R itself will change over the next three years. Hopefully, none
of the improvements will break your script or the packages it depends on.

There was a long discussion on the topic of "enabling reproducible
research & R package management & install.package.version & BiocLite" in
March of 2013 on R-devel that you might want to look at. And something
similar not too long ago in either R-devel or R-package-devel, if I
remember correctly.

I've never used any of the three options you mention.

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
7000 East Ave., L-627