[R] Subscribe to Post

John McKown john.archie.mckown at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 22:20:43 CET 2015

Yes. This is an _email_ group. It is not a web based discussion group.
There is an "archive" of emails somewhere around, but the proper (at least
IMO) way to ask a new question is to send a new email. A bit "old
fashioned", but in many way it is simpler for people on many different
types of computers (some of us are not Windows people!) to communicate.

And, very important, be sure to post in plain text. Avoid HTML encoded
email the the abomination that it is (IMO). They tend to be either ignored,
or replied to in a "corrective" way (i.e. you get a nasty note back for
some people).
​ What this means in most cases is that you cannot insert an "screen print"
as a "picture" (as you did in the email to which I am replying). That will
get nasty-grams. And eventually many of the really good R people will just
ignore you.​

​You can not longer post via Nabble (if you did in the past). It has
"abused" by way to many (the sending of HTML encoded email). ​

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 4:06 AM, SHIVI BHATIA <shivi.bhatia at safexpress.com>
wrote:

> Thanks John. Though I am in a fix now. Do I need to send in an email
every time for any help because I can’t find any URL to ask questions?

- it only asks me to change or reset user preference.

--
Computer Science is the only discipline in which we view adding a new wing
to a building as being maintenance -- Jim Horning

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a
restore is attempted.

Yoda of Borg, we are. Futile, resistance is, yes. Assimilated, you will be.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]