[R] How to enable https for R 3.1.2 on windows 8.1

John Kalb john.kalb at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 17:56:00 CET 2015

I run the code below successfully on Mac and Ubuntu successfully.
When I run on Windows, I get the results shown.  How do I get the code
to work on Windows? I've googled extensively with no success. Thanks
in advance.

require(twitteR)

> cred <- OAuthFactory $ new( consumerKey = my.key, consumerSecret = my.secret, requestURL =' https:// api.twitter.com/ oauth/ request_token', accessURL =' https:// api.twitter.com/ oauth/ access_token', authURL =' https:// api.twitter.com/ oauth/ authorize')
> cred$handshake(cainfo = "C:/users/john/documents/twitter/cacert.pem")
Error in function (type, msg, asError = TRUE)  :
  Protocol " https" not supported or disabled in libcurl

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]