[R] Issue wit Package installation and download.file()

Aakrity Tibrewal aakrity333tibrewal at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 09:36:16 CET 2015

Hello,

I have installed RStudio Version 0.98.1091, R version, R Version 3.1.2, on
my Windows 7 desktop (64 bit). I am using wifi without any proxy server.

Issues:-

1. I am unable to install the packages from CRAN mirror(India). I am
getting the below error:-

*Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://ftp.iitm.ac.in/cran/bin/windows/contrib/3.1
<http://ftp.iitm.ac.in/cran/bin/windows/contrib/3.1>*
*Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/bin/windows/contrib/3.1
<http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/bin/windows/contrib/3.1>*
*Warning messages:*
*1: In open.connection(con, "r") :*
*  unable to connect to 'cran.r-project.org <http://cran.r-project.org>' on
port 80.*
*2: package ‘devtools’ is not available (for R version 3.1.2) *

2. I am unable to download file using method * download.file() *
I get the below error:-

trying URL '
https://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/machine-learning-databases/iris/iris.data'
Error in download.file(url, file) :
  cannot open URL '
https://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/machine-learning-databases/iris/iris.data'
In addition: Warning message:
In download.file(url, file) :
  InternetOpenUrl failed: 'The server name or address could not be resolved'

Action Taken:-
I have execute the following command in Rstudio:-

*Sys.setenv(http_proxy="")*

and I have created the .Reniron file in the home directory that contains
*Sys.setenv(http_proxy="")*

Issue is still the same.
Please help me!

Thanks,