[R] Interview questions?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jan 11 18:41:17 CET 2015

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015, Keith S Weintraub wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has put together a list of R job interview
> questions? I’m thinking of about 5-20 possibly open ended questions for
> interviewing a candidate to do R programming. Just programming. Not
> statistics or mathematics.

Keith,

   You're the best person to determine the questions to ask because you're
the only one who knows what you want this programmer to do. What are the
criteria by which the coder's efforts will be judged successful?

   Ergo, make a list of what the hired coder is expected to do, then write
questions that ask about experience with this type of application, how best
to approach designing the application, and what other languages and
applications have been developed.

   Those are just spur-of-the-moment ideas but they could get you thinking
productively.

Rich