[R] R vs. RStudio?

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 09:01:12 CET 2015

> On 11 Jan 2015, at 11:30 , Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> - I don't like the tiled display.  I find it doesn't give me enough space.

This is a mixed blessing. For teaching purposes, it helps avoid shuffling windows to uncover the editor, graph window, and terminal in order to demonstrate various points.
(One can fairly quickly get used to do that for one's own purposes, but in the classroom it becomes "noise on the line".) However, the graph tile rather too easily get into the "Figure margins too large" issue and readability of the text tiles can become a problem.

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com