[R] Package Build Suggestions

Glenn Schultz glennmschultz at me.com
Sat Jan 24 15:44:39 CET 2015

Hello All,

I am nearing the end of the Package BondLab.  This package is for the analysis of structured securities (MBS, REMICs, and Mortgage derivatives).  I would like to submit to CRAN but the folder structure is not standard.  Indeed, I plan to reorganize the folder structure outside the package folder.  This will require the following:

Current data and cusip examples will be moved to Data folder.
Next, I would like the package to create the outside data folder structure and move the cusip and structuring data to the appropriate folders.
CRAN rules seem to allow this is the session is interactive?  Is this correct?  If so what is the preferred way of accomplishing this?
I have made the package public on git hub for today https://github.com/glennmschultz/BondLab.git
If CRAN does not allow the files to be written at all I am still interested in accomplishing the above
Best Regards,
Glenn