[R] How to specified contrasts in anova (lm)

Davide Risso davide.risso at berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 1 23:14:53 CEST 2015

Hi Bert,

I apologize for the HTML. I will pay more attention in the future.

I know that the lm() command of my toy example fits the wrong model
with a singular design, maybe I shouldn't have included it.

I believe that the model with the additional constraint(s) is not
garbage. But I don't know how to specify the additional constraints in
lm() (hence, I believe it's an R question).

I also know that I can fit a mixed effect model, but this was not the
point of my previous email.

Best,
davide