[R] Rgui not working in Windows Version 8.1

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 21:06:58 CEST 2015

You might try starting Rterm or Rgui with the option --vanilla. If this
starts the you have a corrupted .Rdata file or there is a problem with
something in your environment. Have a look at appendix B of an introduction
to R and you may be able to work out what is wrong. Check that some part of
your current R system is not using something from an earlier version. While
this should not happen I did manage something like it some time ago. I
don't recall the exact problem but it can happen.

@Peter There still are terminal programs in Windows 8.1. I use an interface
Conemu64 which is an interface to the windows console. I was working with
gcc sometime ago and have recently discovered that many unix shell commands
now work in conemu64. This rather proves your point.

John C Frain
3 Aranleigh Park
Rathfarnham
Dublin 14