[R] Common install of R on network disk

Lionel SPINELLI spinelli at ciml.univ-mrs.fr
Tue Jul 7 09:42:02 CEST 2015

Hello all,

I am looking for information on how to install R on a network disk so that it can be used by several users mounting this network disk from different computers.

We are using a cluster and shared computers in my lab. Those machines can mount network disks. On those disks we have installed several tools, like samtools that can be used from any user and from any machine since they have installs that do no required any system libraries.

We would like to do the same thing with R: have a folder in the network disk that contains R (and its libraries) and that permits to execute it from any machine that mount the network disk. However, it seems R uses system libraries since, once the installation done we obtain the following message when trying to execute it from a different machine than the one from which R was installed:

 error while loading shared libraries: libicuuc.so.52: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This library seems present on the machine executing R but seems not found the same. We did not found any info on how to set a lib path in order to put that library with the R install.

Do you know any reference that explain how to successfully achieved the R install as we would like to?

Thanks a lot in advance

[http://sesame.univ-amu.fr/Logos/logo_sciences.jpg]

Lionel Spinelli - Ingénieur de recherche en bioinformatique
UMR_S 1090 TAGC  et  UMR_S 1104 CIML

Aix-Marseille Université - LUMINY - 163 Avenue de Luminy - 13009 Marseille

Tél: +33(0)4 91 82 87 12 (TAGC) / +33(0)4 91 26 91 90 (CIML)

Site : http://www.univ-amu.fr<http://www.univ-amu.fr/> - Email : lionel.spinelli at univ-amu.fr<mailto:lionel.spinelli at univ-amu.fr>

Afin de respecter l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer cet email que si nécessaire.