[R] Embed fonts in an R graph

Edwin Sun csun at cfr.msstate.edu
Fri Jul 10 16:40:59 CEST 2015

Hello all,

I cannot embed a common font type into an R graph. I did it successfully in
December 2014 with the previous R version. However, with R 3.2.1 in July
2015, the following sample codes do not work anymore.

pdf(file = "c:/testA.pdf", family = "serif")
plot(x = 1:10, y = rnorm(10))
dev.off()
embedFonts(file = "c:/testA.pdf", outfile = "c:/testB.pdf")

As a result, both testA.pdf and testB.pdf cannot embed the fonts into the
graph. Specifically, Adobe Acrobt reveals that "Times-Roman" is substituted
by "TimesNewRomanPSMT", and "ZapfDingbats" is substituted by "AdobePiStd".

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edwin

<http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4709707/Capture.png>