[R] multi core procesing

Vyshnnavi Parthasarathy vyshnnaviammu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 20:33:53 CEST 2015

Hello,
I am using a 8 core processor system. Is there a way to run different R
scripts on different cores instead of all scripts running on the same core?
If I open a new RStudio session for each script, can I somehow assign each
Rstudio session to a particular core processor so as to make the process
efficient? I have looked at the doParallel package and from my
understanding including the package enables one script to be run using
multiple cores but what I am looking for is being able to run different
scripts on different cores.

Thanks,
Vyshnnavi

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]