[R] Read ".xlsx" and convert date-column value into Dataframe

Ivan Calandra ivan.calandra at univ-reims.fr
Thu Jul 23 12:08:21 CEST 2015

Hi Antony,

Except if you have good reasons to use R2.15, it is generally a good
idea to upgrade to the latest version.
In any case, the solutions that were proposed on the list will
definitely work fine.

There are however advantages of using readxl, in my opinion. readxl does
not use dependencies; it correctly converts to dates; and if you have
empty cells in numeric columns, xlsx will convert to NaN and not NA as
would be expected (correct me if this behavior has been modified in the
latest version). The problem with readxl is that it only reads! A
similar write function would be nice!

Ivan

--
Ivan Calandra, ATER